Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Morning Kaboon

I have to start my early morning workouts again.

Just to prove my sanity.

Or to improve my sleep.

Or something.  I figure I’m going to be awake, anyway.

ThatManILove has again started running on a regular* basis. The Piloxing class is at 5 a.m., Monday, Wednesday, Friday - and he'll probably be attending on a regular basis.

I’ve done that class once.  I think I died on the mat.  But, I digress...

The alarm goes off at about 4:35 a.m.  ThatManILove gets up, and I’m thinking he’s gone.  Then, he gets back into the bed.  He’s decided he won’t go today.  I sink back into sleep.  And then, I’m awakened again.  He has quietly (ahem) risen and is getting dressed.  He starts wandering the house.  In and out of the bedroom.  I’m really really really trying to stay asleep.

I finally ask him, “What are you looking for?”

He says, “I’m looking for my running hat.  I swear I took it off in here when I went to take my shower.”

I get up.

I might as well.

The hat?  Is nowhere to be found.

He finds another, and goes out the back door.

I? Am writing this post.  Then, maybe, I’m going back to sleep.  For an hour.

Know what’s ironic about today’s wakeup?  ThatManILove always tells me I mess up his morning kaboon/spirit (a term from one of our friends of Korean/Irish descent).   That he needs to rise gently into his day. He swears he can hear my mind whirring into action before I ever wake up.

I think I’m getting what he’s saying.

May you, my gentle readers, rise gently into this day.  Or, if you're ready to jam to a song from the past, click here listen to a wake up call from Wham!  (You knew I had to go there, right?)

*Regular also equals the times per week he wakes me up prior to my alarm. Morning kaboon, my sleeping pillow.


Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
English
alt
alt
Preferences

1 comment:

  1. Recently, I've been waking up early (work stress) and lay there for an hour or so, trying desperately not to wake my wife. Normally, I prefer my slow wake up, too.

    ReplyDelete

You know you have SOMETHING to say, so spit it out! I love comments!