Friday, May 30, 2014

Coffee Crisp = The Devil


This?

This little tiny candy bar?

This, my friends, is the DEVIL.

















I don't even like coffee.

I, however, LOVE the smell of it, which is what got me through the first bite of this bad boy that my friend Cathy brought me from Canada. 

In Canada, by the way my friends talk, this candy bar counts as one of the six food groups.  (There are six, aren't there?) (There are in Canada, where this one rests in Group 6, along with Canadian Maple Cookies.) (Not that I've tasted those...yet.)

Back to the Devil Bar Coffee Crisp.  I was able to choke down bite two...after slowly chewing it.  And beginning to savor the beautiful coffee flavor, which was (oh, God forbid!) starting to grow on me.

Bites 1 and 2 took about 10 minutes.  I'm all, "Oh, I can try a couple of bites of this tonight, and do a couple tomorrow, and maybe finish it before the end of the week, and tell Cathy I really, really savored the taste."

Truth:  I honestly don't remember bite 3, 4, or....WHAT HAPPENED?  Did the Wonderdogs steal this wonderfully decadent candy bar?  It was just right here!  What happened?

WHERE'S MY COFFEE CRISP?

I MUST HAVE MY COFFEE CRISP!!!

How did I get that smear of chocolate across my face?  I think I must have gone into a chocolate hypnotic trance.  And someone made me eat the whole thing, in one sitting.  Because that puppy disappeared right after bite 2.  Well, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. 

See?  Coffee Crisp = The Devil.

CATHY!!  CATHY!!  When ya heading back up North, eh?


1 comment:

  1. I don't even like the smell of coffee, but I know many people who would love these!

    ReplyDelete

You know you have SOMETHING to say, so spit it out! I love comments!