Friday, August 23, 2013

Big Picture Driving



People.

I pride myself on parking.  Specifically on back-in parking.

And being a person of the oilfield variety, for safety reasons, back-in parking is suggested and most often, required.

AND I am fortunate to have a rear-view camera installed on my truck, which makes back-in parking ALMOST painless.

I’m in the DFW area this week, and have been to many customer offices and parking garages.

Yesterday, I’m in a pretty tight multi-level garage, and people are coming around the corner at high rates of speeds.  Those two facts, observed by yours truly, led me to do the right thing.

(At least, I thought it was the right thing.)

I carefully backed into my parking space.  Plenty of space around me for the other vehicles’ ingress and egress, I gathered my belongings and went into the customer’s office.

A couple of hours later, I’m back at my vehicle.

And gasp! Shock! WHAT?

There is a piece of paper on my windshield.

My coworkers are laughing.  I'm not.

My first thought?  A ticket.  But for what?

Not a ticket.

This.


And because their rule is for safety purposes, I can't even throw down the "big picture driving" rule.

DANNNNNNNG.

It's never boring around here.



1 comment:

You know you have SOMETHING to say, so spit it out! I love comments!