Monday, November 4, 2013

I Missed National Sandwich Day? What?

So, yesterday was National Sandwich Day.

Did you know that?  I did not.  I missed it!

And what a great excuse to splurge!  I would have gone and bought, or made, a sandwich for every hour.

You think I’m kidding?

I love sandwiches.

To me, sandwich equals comfort food.

ThatManILove?  HATES sandwiches.

To him, sandwich = childhood memories, living on a preacher’s meager salary, growing up with 5 hungry brothers.  

I can remember when we were first dating, he would call and ask to take me to dinner after work.  I would be tired, and having already entertained customers for two meals that day, I would want to go home. Put on slouchy pajamas.  And...have a sandwich.

He thought that was so funny!  

I grew up on bologna and cheese sandwiches.  Peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Ham sandwiches. Homemade pimiento cheese sandwiches.  So good!

And after Thanksgiving?  Oh, yum, turkey sandwiches!  I can taste them right now!

And the perfect compliment to any sandwich?  Lays Potato Chips.

Nirvana.


How about you?  What is your favorite sandwich?



It's 6:00 a.m.  I think I'm gonna go fix me a peanut butter sandwich.  Pass the bananas, please.

5 comments:

  1. I love sandwiches and luckily so does my husband. I missed National Sandwich day too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that I celebrated the day with two roast beef sandwiches with chips and Diet Coke. I just jest hougry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You missed National Sandwich Day. Fancy that. I didn't even know there was such a thing, sandwiched in among the other nation [whatever] days.

    Yes, sandwiches are good, I like ham, with mustard, and maybe some lettuce. Or peanut butter with hunny. Or Tuna with a bit of diced celery. Or Turkey. Or, . . . well, no matter.

    Blessings and Bear hugs, Janie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never eat sandwiches, but TODAY I had some gorgeous tomatoes laying around and on a whim, I bought some beef bologna. So, without knowing, we oddly celebrated sandwich day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have Miracle Whip with the peanut butter and banana sandwich. Other than that, I am with you on all your favorite sandwiches. I really don't think of being poor and sandwiches in the same breath.

    I did go out and buy a sandwich from Five Guys.

    ReplyDelete

You know you have SOMETHING to say, so spit it out! I love comments!