Saturday, November 16, 2013

In Search Of A Munchkin


I woke up, a bit ago, and I realized I’m missing something.

This week has been highly planned, every second scheduled.  It’s been fun, you know I love people, and I’ve seen a million of them.

But…

I need to see a kid.

Pronto.

I need to know that it’s not all business.  That there is pure, unadulterated fun out there somewhere.

That not EVERYTHING is planned and plotted.

That not EVERY COMMENT is within a framework, carefully formed and uttered.

I need to see through someone else’s eyes.

I need to hear questions.  Pontification from the viewpoint of a 3 footer.  You know, because it COULD be that way.

I need to give hugs.  Encouragement.  “You CAN do it!”  “YAY!”

I need to be told, “C’mon, Janie, come play with me!”

Spontaneity.

Yup.

Now, how?  I’m not home, not planning on visiting anyone with munchkins this weekend.

Nor, do I have my camera with me.  (I can usually get people to play - get out of business mode - when I have my camera.  And that's fun, for them and I…I enjoy making people laugh, and capturing it via image.)

Hmmmm.

I’ll report back soon.



5 comments:

  1. Take a quick trip to Chuckie Cheese... that will cure your ache real fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two grandchildren who are great visitors. I just don't know how to get them to where you are.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gOOD LUCK ON YOUR MUNCHKIN HUNT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've got a plan in mind...

    ReplyDelete

You know you have SOMETHING to say, so spit it out! I love comments!