Monday, May 30, 2011

Daytripping...Across Miles and Miles of Texas

Sunday found us in the vehicle at 7:45 a.m. heading 4 hours away to our son’s wedding shower in Spicewood, Texas.

Did I tell you we were tired?  And that ThatManILove someone had decided that it was going to be a roundtrip day? (And then tried to tell me it was my idea?)
We were tired.
Mainly because we got up early on Saturday and ran errands, went to the movie*, ran more errands, and then went to some friends’ house for supper.  And of course, we stayed too late.  WAAAAY too late.
So late, the hostess went to bed.  And left the host to deal with us hooligans.  Well, to tell the truth, I wasn’t a hooligan.  But we were all jammin’ on the piano, with ThatManILove playing the git-fiddle and singing.  It was fun.
And then, we decided that no way were we going to leave the kitchen in that kind of shape for the host and hostess to see in the morning.  So, we all got busy cleaning.  I think we got home at 12:30 a.m., and were up again at 5:30 a.m.
And now, we are home.  After day-tripping it to Spicewood, like we weren’t elderly and didn’t have a care in the world.
And now?  I’m in my pajamas.  ThatManILove is grilling ribs.
And the interns are fueling up the vehicles and grocery shopping, in preparation for their first day of actual work in the oilpatch tomorrow.
It’s never boring around here!




*Hangover II.  Do not take your kids.  It was over the top graphic...I wish I'd not gone.

1 comment:

You know you have SOMETHING to say, so spit it out! I love comments!