Saturday, January 1, 2011

Can You Still Put Them Up For Adoption After 22 Years of Age?

(This is a repost from 2009 - but just to show you how crazy our children are and that the fruit really doesn't fall far from the tree...)
Last report, Elder Son's knee was as swollen as a large watermelon.  If you remember, we had to take him in and hav e it drained.  So, now, Elder Son is doing better - he's mobilized, he's up and going, and already horseback again.  I sent him a text to see what he was doing and here's how it went:

Me:  What are you doing?
ES:  Riding a bronc...he's as hard headed as me.
Me: (Oh.My.God.Does.He.Have.A.Working.Brain.Cell.??) And your leg?
ES:  It hurts but what's new?
Me: (I swear he's going to drive me to drink.) What about the doc?
ES:  Gonna be Tues or Thurs next week

I guess we'll know more then.   Thanks so much for your prayers, they are greatly appreciated.

As to the Younger 
Smartalecjustlikehisfather Son, after his last April Fool's joke - prank - I thought his dad was going to kill him Facebook event where he told the world he had just found out he was going to be  a father, he is breathing.  I swear.  I saw him.  Yesterday, he changed his FB status to "single".  I couldn't resist, I had to do it.  I posted:  "But what about the BABYYYYY?"  Soon after, one of his friends jumped in: "Oh, did your beer break up with you?  how sad."  

How did that song go? 
"I believe the children are our future...teach them well and they will lead the way..."  RUN! RUN!!!!!!





10 comments:

  1. I understand, b ut I have to say I was amused. -Smug, or what?

    Great post, though!

    The very best of all Good new Years to you and yours - Elder son included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you can't put them up for adoption after that long.

    What's worse, at that age, if you try to give them back, you run into a big sign that says

    "NO RETURN! NO DEPOSIT!"

    I can't imagine my life without my 22 yr old son. Great post!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think boys are easier than girls. Happy New Year Janie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, well, what would you do to keep life interesting without them!? I bet it would be too big of an adjustment... sounds like they keep you on your toes ALL THE TIME. :)

    Happy New Year!
    ~Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janie! Happy New Year!

    Yeah, the kids. What can you do? Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em. We have to just deal, don't we. Yeesh.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janie! Happy New Year!! Good to see you around again!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds familiar, I was on a trampoline before my cast was dry when I broke my leg at 13. I swear if I wasn't 6th in line after 3 crazy brothers and 1 nutty sister my parents would have shipped me off.

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete

You know you have SOMETHING to say, so spit it out! I love comments!